Pages

Monday, October 17, 2011

A letter to Wommy.

To My Darling Fletcher,

I am writing this to you as you nap. The last nap you take as a 3 year old.
Your 4 year b'day cake baking in the oven. This year we are baking a rainbow cake. You are so super excited, as you are about everything in life.

Each and every day you make me fall more and more in love with you, or maybe you just make me fall in love with you again each day. Either way, you could never possibly understand how much joy you bring to my life, how happy you make me, how proud of you I am.

This time 4 years ago, you were already slowly making your entrance into the world, and we should have known from those few days, that you would spend your life doing it your way. But as you have taught us, the journey is all part of the fun.


Thank you for being so bright eyed. For showing me the world, your world, in a whole new light, a way that I would never have seen without you.



Thank you for teaching me about tractors and trains and mud and farming. I have enjoyed listening to every word and watching your knowledge grow.





Thank you for being the most caring and gentle big brother in the world.





And the coolest little brother out.






Thank you for always taking care of me, and being the 'man of the house' whenever daddy has to go away for work. I appreciate you offering to light the fire for me, to cut me wood, and to take the rubbish out. I didn't say no because I didn't think you could do it, but because I think your time is better spent playing. And perhaps because of law. But I promise when you have had a few more birthdays I will let you do all of that.

The next year is going to be an exciting one for you, with starting pre-school and learning lots of cool stuff and making new friends. I am a little sad that this day has come. Knowing that I only have one more year with you beside me each and every day, all day, before you go to big school. But I promise I wont cry too much tomorrow.

It's been good fun being 3 hasn't it?



Happy birthday my little man, I love you more than the stars in the sky.

<3 mummy

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx